Saturday, March 14, 2009

TRUE TALES OF CALIFORNIA!

What a wonderful week it's been...stomach bug, followed by hives, then a root canal. Awesome. At the dentist, the technician joked that I was not going to get Vicodin, haha, but tylenol with codeine instead. Hilarious. Well, it reminded me of this TRUE TALE OF CALIFORNIA....

Circa 2000...I was working at Gonluco Printing. My forearms were killing me. The combination of typing all day, playing guitar, and painting illustrations provided nonstop work for my arms. I developed tennis elbow and it was fucking painful. I had no health insurance. I remembered a work-related immediate care clinic on the way to the mall. I went there and had the following conversation with the doctor.

(after discussing my tennis elbow.)
DR. So how do you deal with anger and stress? You seem pretty stressed.
RP. Uh, I talk to people about it...I'm in a band.
DR. Do you have any pot? I think you should try that.
RP. ....(I didn't know how to respond, light chuckle I think)...
DR. I think you should smoke some pot.

Then he gave me some muscle relaxers and sent me on my way.

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM , Blogger Bill said...

California...I both love and hate that place...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home