Tuesday, November 06, 2007

AMUSED CHUCKLE, LIKE READING NEW YORKER CARTOONS

here

snip*
The IT department, one day, set an aging, foot-tall Compaq desktop on my desk while I was at lunch, with regulation CrapStyle(TM) 14" monitor. A note was attached with my email login and password. The note also explained that I had email access only and if I wanted to use the internet "FOR RESEARCH ONLY", I would have to ask the librarian (on another floor) for permission, and use her computer.

This is about the time I started taking unannounced, two-hour paid lunch breaks. Nobody's gonna hand those out. You have to make that time yourself.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!!! You made my day! :-)

Is your part for real?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home