Friday, September 02, 2005

Katrina and New Orleans

My aunt Rose and her daughter Lauren lost everything. They evacuated in time though and are thankfully alive. djlicious has a bunch of posts about the disaster from the news blog. check out tom tomorrow for commentary and crookandliars.com for video.

watching the videos on crooksandliars.com pisses me off. the government's reaction was pathetic. I guess if you're a democratic state and black people are in trouble...a republican administration doesn't give a shit.

"I think it puts into question all of the Homeland Security and Northern Command planning for the last four years, because if we can't respond faster than this to an event we saw coming across the Gulf for days, then why do we think we're prepared to respond to a nuclear or biological attack?" said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

I'm not a fan of Gingrich but i agree...

aaaaaaaaaannnddd...here's a long overdue shout out to bill hart's blog and an artist from my art group, william h. miller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home